Friday, December 29, 2006

Tag - I'm It!

What might you find interesting about me that you wouldn't know if I didn't tell you?

That's the concept of playing tag online - if you're tagged, you reveal five little known things about yourself and then get to tag five other people to do the same. Suzique, over at the Low-Carb Lab recently tagged me in her No-No-NOLA blog...I'm game, how about you?

Little known things about me:

1. I have Fred Flintstone feet. Enough said.

2. Once, years ago, I had a bowl of M&M's on my desk for so long, untouched, they collected dust -- ewww. Yup, I can sit for days/weeks/months with a bowl of M&Ms next to me and not eat one of them - and it's not like I don't like them, they're okay, it's just I've never been a big fan of milk chocolate, so it's not tempting to me....really good dark chocolate, that's another story.

3. I'm a PADI certified Open Water Diver and my favorite SCUBA spot (so far) is off Maui, Hawaii - the waters around Molokini are pristine and home to more than 250 species of fish to see while diving to depths up to 150-feet (I only dove to 60-feet).

4. I've been to Pakistan - to attend a wedding - and was able to visit Karachi, Islamabad, Bourbon and Taxila...a very cool vacation! And the weddings there are a lot of fun - they last for days and days, with parties for every reason you can think of to have a party; bride-to-be is getting married, let's have a party, groom-to-be is getting married, let's have a party, oh - the couple together needs a party too, the brides and grooms parents have a party, the wedding is followed by a party, the reception - yup, another party!

5. I was a competitive hunter and show jumper growing up - pretty darn good too! In my best year I made it to the finals in an attempt to qualify for the New York Horse Show.....but, somehow, I actually managed to disqualify myself by falling off my horse on the simplest of all jumps - I fell at the first cross-rails in a six bar competition, the lowest jump on the course!

...and life goes on without a ribbon from the Garden!

Who shall I tag?

Who might be up to the task that you might also enjoy learning something new about?

Tag, you're it - Mike Eades, Jonny Bowden, Lou Shuler, John Briffa and, last but not least, Richard Morris.

5 comments:

  1. Suzique tagged me, too, Regina! So, I blogged about my 5 unique qualities, too. That was a lot of fun because you never really have an opportunity to tell people about yourself in the course of blogging about nutritional science and low-carb living.

    THANKS for sharing your answers! Although I have had the pleasure of meeting you in person in January 2006, it's still good to learn more about the woman behind one of the best blogs in the whole world. :)

    KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzique tagged me, too, Regina! I blogged about my five interesting things recently which was a lot of fun.

    In the course of blogging about the low-carb lifestyle, it's not easy letting people know more about who you are. So I'm glad you participated in the blog-tag!

    While I had the pleasure of meeting you in person in January 2006, it's nice to read MORE about who that person is behind what is arguably one of the best nutrition blogs on the Internet today.

    KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suzique tagged me, too, Regina! I blogged about my five interesting things recently which was a lot of fun.

    In the course of blogging about the low-carb lifestyle, it's not easy letting people know more about who you are. So I'm glad you participated in the blog-tag!

    While I had the pleasure of meeting you in person in January 2006, it's nice to read MORE about who that person is behind what is arguably one of the best nutrition blogs on the Internet today.

    KEEP UP THE FANTASTIC WORK!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:04 PM

    This is just a thank you for all your work, Regina. My MIL was diagnosed just before Christmas with severe diabetes and immediately put on insulin injections. She is waiting for tests to determine the presence of pancreatic cancer. She has of course, been "eating healthy" for a couple of years now.

    I have spent most of the day on your website, looking for information that will quickly poke holes in her lifelong confidence in organization in authority. She can take on most doctors, but not the ADA. Your comments in "Are We Angry Yet" were very valuable for recent studies. She thinks the lowcarb research is far more tentative and anecdotal than it is in fact. If you have any suggestions for websites that are accessible to a skeptical non-science conformist, please let me know.

    Bless you both

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I might not agree with your Santa comment, but I agree with you on the low carb stance. I've been low carb for a year, lost 90 pounds and my tests have never been better. In fact, it was the tests that sent me to a low carb diet in the first place. My doctor was amazed at my tests when I came back a year later.

    I went off for the month of December and I feel like pooh, gained twenty pounds, have bloated and chest pains, and I'm sleeping in all the time. I went back on yesterday, lost a few pounds and I know the sugar withdrawals are going to be fierce, but I just can't go back to all this pain again. The sugar, flour, pasta, etc just isn't worth it!

    I started a shirataki noodle site at http://www.shiratakidiet.com/ - please let me know if you've tried them and what you think.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete